Structural equation modelling

I used to think that a scree plot is the most beautiful diagram in statistics. However, after attending the SEM workshop this morning, my views change. There are more objective ways to identify the number of factors of a scale.

All i can say now is I'm more confident of running and writing factor analysis: both the exploratory and confirmatory. Bestnya. I feel more empowered as a researcher. More so because I have sets of data that are to be analysed. And the graph above is one of the output that I got. Beautiful, isn't it? Well....you have to love statistics to appreciate the beauty of the graph.

Beauty aside, the output is not as expected. That means more work need to be done. More analysis. Different ways of looking at the data. Back to the workshop people!

Comments