Meeting in Lincoln

On Friday morning, I drove to Lincoln. Patrick came along for the meeting with Anne & Niro to discuss my research proposal. The journey itself wasn't much to write about. The scenary was not as spectacular as the scenary from Lboro to Swindon. It felt 'fatigued'. The lack of vegetation in the farm areas perhaps contributes to the lack of energy in the scenary.

The meeting, on the other hand, managed to sapped some of my energy. The outcome of that meeting is more work for me. I have to reconsider some of my data collection sessions. The main concern was resources that EMAS is willing to allocate for the project. The less that I demand from them, the better.

One statement that haunts me is "we have to make sure that the data collection is designed to answer the research question". It is as if my current research design is flawed. Is that what I should take from the meeting? Hrmmmpgghhhh. Even as I'm writing this, my energy in seeping away. So, better stop now, and do some work to address it directly.

Comments