I can see clearly now




















































In light of the incoming driving test, I needed a pair of glasses. Towards the end of 2008, I looked at a few shops to get some ideas. On the first Friday in 2009, after Jumaah prayer, I went to town for an eye test. I got a D&A voucher for a free eye test. Thanks to Riduwan who gave it to me. The eye test would normally cost GBP27.50. Riduwan helped me to save quite a lot by using that voucher.
Fortunately, I was able to fill in a slot that was left vacant by a cancellation. I was tested by an optimetrist. He made me nervous, as if I was undergoing a medical check up. There was even an eye pressure test. He used a machine that puffed compressed air on my eyeball.
Alhamdulillah, the eye test went smoothly. I had healthy eyes. But I do noeed to wear glasses due to short-sightedness and astigmatism. My prescription reads as follow.
Right eye: -1.00 (sph), +1.25(cyl), 175 (Axis)
Left eye: -1.50 (sph), +1.50 (cyl), 170 (Axis)
It is a good thing to keep a record of the prescription. In case I need a new pair of glasses, I can order at the shop or online without having to do another eye test. I can also check if my prescription changes as I get older.
Unfortunately, I did not order a pair of glasses from D&A. Their frames are very expensive. The one that I liked cost GBP100. And that's just the frame. The lenses would rack up another GBP90. Way too expansive for me. Especially when I know SpecSaver have a 2-for-1 offer.
So, I went to SpecSaver to order two pairs of spec. They cost me GBP85. However, on the pair with thinner arms, I had the lens treated with anti-glare layer. The layer reduced GBP30 from my bank account. But, I'm happy with my new pairs of glasses.

Comments

Unknown said…
suka ngan yg oren-hitam tu, wonder how would u look like wearing it :p
perhaps u shall ask someone back in malaysia to get it for you and send it to England (providing you enclose the prescriptions la)
yg oren-hitam tu my first choice. Memang nak try yg lain drpd yg pernah pakai sebelum ni.

Kalau perlu, memang akan order dari malaysia. Tu sebab letak prescription kat blog. Senang nak retrieve that info later.