Free stuff




















You can live frugal in the UK. You need to be less picky and icky about using second hand stuff. But you sure can save a lot by picking up free stuff that people advertise through mediums like Yahoo FreeCycle group.

I managed to get the tv stand, which is in very good condition, a few days after I bought the tv. No, the tv was not free. Jyothi answered an ad on FC. I replied to the same ad. But it was Jhothi who got it. He knew I wanted a tv stand, so that's why he asked for it. He wanted me to have it. That's very kind of him. So, he and I went to pick up the tv stand. Good thing that it fitted in my car.

Good deeds may get rewarded swiftly. Not long after helping me secure a tv stand, Jyothi got a free tv. He was happy to get that tv after looking around for quite some time. All that he needed to do was donate 10 pound to a charity. He got a 28 inch Sony. SONY!!! For 10 pound! 28 inch! And the tv is working fine.

I hope the spirit of recycling and reusing will catch on like wildfire in Malaysia. We can all try lessen the demand on the natural resources. At the same time, we can increase the growth of our generosity and compassion for other people. Ermmm... what can I give away for free on FC?

I hope the

Comments