A Saturday in Worcester

Last Saturday, I went to Worcester, about 80 miles from Loughborough. I went to visit Sam, who was packing up to go back to Malaysia. In the morning, we went hiking up Malvern Hill.

















It was very windy at the top of Malvern Hill. You can see Sam's hair being blown by the wind.
                      













I believe this view is in the direction of Conventry. It was too bad that the sky wasn't clearer and brighter when I was taking this pic.














I had an opportunity to describe my PhD research to Sam. An air ambulance arrived when we were resting at the peak. Someone fell and needed to be transported to a hospital. An ambulance (Honda CRV) arrived with a paramedic and a technician (I think) before the helicopter touched down. Many people took out their camera to snap the heli. Not to disrespect the patient. He was, afterall, fully conscious. Hope he's recovering well.














Marissa Zahra. Bertuah la mak bapak dia ni. Nak tido senang. Dah jaga pun tak banyak ragam. Tak de dengar bunyi dia merengek atau menangis. Selamat berangkat ke Malaysia Marissa.














Secara tak sengaja, bola berduri ni berjaya dikeluarkan dari sangkarnya. Sam kata, dah dua tahun dia cuba keluarkan. Rezeki aku nak keluarkan bola tu sebelum Sam balik Malaysia. Pas tu, tak reti nak masukkan balik. Kena tunggu lagi dua tahun kot.

I had a really good time in Worcester. The hiking trip was excellent. The food even more so. I've never tried mussels cooked on a grill. They tasted fresh and sweet. Got to try them again.

Comments