The making of..

.. telur masin.

I've added another thing into my 'have done' list. My neighbour bought some duck eggs. Conversations led to salted duck eggs. Apparantly, they are quite expensive here. So, I volunteered that mak use to make salted eggs. And guess who's given the task (read opportunity) to make salted eggs.

I've never done it before. However, after consulting the internet, I thought that it wasn't a difficult procedure. I went to Tesco to get a glass jar. Boiled some water, waited till it cooled before adding salt to the point of saturation. Then I soak the eggs in the brine. Now, have patience because the eggs need at least two weeks to get salty.

Two weeks later, I boiled one of them to test for taste. It was salty enough without inducing a fear of high blood pressure. That's the beauty of preparing food yourself. You can control the level of input into your food. So, now I know how to prepare salted eggs.

Comments