Fulbright Scholarship for Malaysian University Staff

Come November, I would have served IIUM for 3 years after the completion of my PhD. One of the time-based benefits available to IIUM staff is sabbatical leave. After every 3 years of service, you would be entitled to 6 months sabbatical leave. I am using that fact to create a positive feeling (amidst the negativity associated with marking of exams), and am riding on that positive wave as I write this post.

Prof Faridah (yes... a Prof from the English Department, not Faridah my zaujah) planted the idea that I should apply for Fulbright Scholarship. No harm in trying, right? Upon checking the Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange, the Fulbright application'd deadline is 3rd October. There seem to be ample time for me to prepare and apply for the 2015/2016 academic session. So, here we go online browsing of host institutions. Here's my short list a.k.a. dream list.

1. Centre for Healthcare Improvement and Patient Safety (CHIPS) located at Pennsylvania University (UPenn). CHIPS is part of the Parelman School of Medicine.
2. The Centre for Patient Safety Research and Practice at Brigham and Women's Hospital, which is affiliated with Harvard University. May I add that the current Sultan of Perak obtained his PhD from Harvard. (How does that help my sabbatical?)
3. UCLA Health System Patient Safety Institute (PSI) based at, of course, UCLA.The Institute is operating under the School of Nursing.

The list will serve as a guide to turn the dream into reality.


Comments