Khatam

Alhamdulillah.... 'projek' yg telah memakan masa bertahun2, akhirnya tamat juga. A few days ago, ayah khatam terjemahan al-Quran. I hope you will do it much faster than I did. There's a lot to be learned, felt, and perceive from the translation.

A running theme is about truth and its acceptance. My view on good vs evil is changed. 'Bad' people are those who see the truth, but either deny, reject, mock, or hinder other people from seeing it. These are the people to whom the Hell is promised. Personally, this contrast between good and bad is very different from what I've learned so far in my life. It feels less harsh. Less judgemental. Makes it feel easier to embrace all other teachings of Islam.

At the same time, I've also witnessed first hand some sample behaviour of the 'bad' people. One guy said that even if he know Islam leads to good behaviour, he would not embrace Islam. There's no need, he said. Another guys, quite tellingly, said that he does not believe in paranormal (including mu'jizat, I surmise) even if he sees it with his own eyes. So, I've seen examples of the behaviour described in the Quran.

Will share more on this with you.

Comments

ukanera arenaku said…
i hope i could embark on this project too, insya-Allah.
Anonymous said…
there's no better time to do it than now... Ramadhan is arriving.