diversions

Procrastination, like constipation, is a pain in the ***. When you have to write a report, for example, there are lots of other things that cropped up and climbed the pole of priority. Well, I'm sure the defence mechanism would kick in and justify me indulging in the diversions. Once such diversion last long weekend was painting.

It has been a long while since I painted using acrylic - or using any other material at that. Using cheaply bought materials, here's what I produced last weekend. The obejct of inspiration is a Royal Doulton vase that I bought in Stoke a few months ago.





















First coat of paint. Looks too plain.





















I added red on top of the yellow. Now we're talking.























Added a different yellow hue on top of the red. Hmmm... need to tweak it some more. Just like my first year report... seems like a never ending tweaking job.

Comments