My Car

My car was sent to the garage on Monday. The radiator needed attention. I was given a courtesy car. Admittedly, the courtesy car is not performing well. Abg Kriss told me that many hands had touched that car, and consequently, it is showing its wear and tear quite readily.

In the short time that I drove the courtesy car, which shall remain nameless out of courtesy, I gained a new appreciation for my BMW. Compared to the courtesy car, my BMW's engine is smoother. It is not exaggerating that I can feel the sweetness on my tounge. The acceleration, gear and braking are better. One complain would be the steering - a bit wobbly.

When I picked up the care later that evening, the radiator was replaced with a (used) new one. With the newly gained appreciation, I'm thinking that should the BMW survive my PhD, it would be worth sending back to Malaysia. And here are some of the things that I'd improve on if it ever touch Malaysian soil.

















The fog light's cover need to be replaced.
















A cap-thingy is needed to fill the gaping hole here.
















The cushion is still surprisingly firm, albeit with a hole. I think a new seat cover would do the trick.





















Small dents here and there. Not something serious.
















Some rusty patches. And while I'm on that, I think a new coat of paint is in order. I'm kind of keen on a silverish-blue colour.




















The speaker here is missing a part of its ring.




















The interior lining has smudges here and there. A new lining would freshen up the cabin space. Beige?





















And, not to forget, the steering wheel. I don't know what necessitated the presence of the black tape. May be a more stylish tape would make the wheel more presentable.

Comments

Shukor said…
eh. kereta aku pun.kena replace fog lamp, satu dah jatuh..orang cakap, cari kat car scrap yatch, berpatutan sikit harganya.
minor touching boleh buat sikit2..that's not really urgent kan..
Anonymous said…
cosmetic touch ups will be done once the car is in Malaysia. need to take cere of 'functional' issues at the moment.