Exploration





I've been occupied by two useful websites I discovered in the past week.  On Geni, I can build and view my family tree. It is a great tool to explore. Now I can refresh, and have proper documentation of my ancestry. For example, now I can say that my father and mother shared the same ancestor: Bedul. My mother is in the lineage of Bedul's son, Mat Yen. My father is a descendent of Bedul's daughter, Teh Maimunah. 

I have to rely on the elders' to look upward. I don't have much information about the great grandparents. By using this tool, I can collect and preserve the information. Looking downwards, I realise that I've not kept track of the development of my own and younger generations. I can't recall some of my cousin's names. My bad. 

 






Mendeley share's Geni's interest in social networking. But, instead of blood lines, Mendeley is based on academic interest. For me, it is a rival to EndNote and RefWork. The main advantage is that it is free to download and use. Now I've started to make use of it. Hopefully, it will last long and help me being an excellant scholar.

Comments