A New Contract

This week I've signed a new lease contract with Lisa Sbitany. I'll be moving to an upper floor unit in July. This means I'll have brighter rooms, because I can let the blinds pulled up compared to the ground floor unit that I'm occupying now. The new unit also comes with a gas cooker, instead of an electric one. At the new unit, I'll park my car right in front of the front door. So, I don't have to walk around the block anymore. With the layout feeling slightly more spacious, the unit is a good option, with an extra £10 of rent per month. 

What's more important is the end date of the lease. Lisa had put 26th September as the end of the lease. She said it coincides with the University's term time. Fair enough. In doing so, she had effectively put a specific working target for me. Now I imagine 26 Sept as the last possible day to leave Loughborough, and go back to Malaysia for good. Working backward, this means I'm sitting for my viva in middle or early September. The thesis submission should be in July, or August at the latest. A new Gantt chart is clearly in order. Feels like the end is near. 

Be patient. Be deligent. The new contract had redefined the end.

Comments

Unknown said…
it seems like you are in a very high spirit posting this! tak sampai 3 tahun ke sir buat PhD?

apa pun,saya doakan semoga segalanya berjalan mengikut perancangan, moga Allah permudahkan segalanya.

Lepas 26th Sept dah boleh address you as Dr. Harris Shah la, kan?
Very high spirit indeed! If I pass my viva in September, then I'd finish my PhD in less than 3 years (and, yes, you can call me Dr Harris). Hopefully Allah will make it achievable for me.
Ri said…
ganbatte harris onii-san!!!

moga berjaya!