Fun: Inside Out


The fun
Originally uploaded by pak alang

Poems, musings, abstraction of life, and the likes fill me up on the inside. While my eyes are befuddled by the bright lights of the carousel, the poetry of motion on the reflected glass captured my fancy. The reflected image was more captivating than the real object. Perhaps I wasn't much excited by the carousel flair. Perhaps I was looking for something beyond the look.

I'm aware of the need to find a balance between fun on the outside and inside. When I travel, especially, I would be more introvert than usual. I try to enrich myself by finding substance in the world around me, and inside me.

Sometimes, I indulge in idle talk - getting fun from the outside. These empty talks are perhaps necessary as a social glue among people. Without these outside fun, it may be difficult for people to connect and find an inner fun.

But, idle talk alone are not for me. My craving for a more wholesome substance is very strong. While friends-for-laugh are more than welcome, friends-for-profound-experience are even more appreciated.

Comments