Healthier Option

One good thing about living in the UK is being able to temporarily ‘escape’ from the ‘sinful’ Malaysian food. I can make a choice to put healthier things in my mouth.

I bought a juicer from a car boot sales in Quorn a week ago. Ever since, almost everyday, I made myself fruit juices. Now it is easier for me to get more portions of fruits into my daily diet. The price of fruits and vegetables also helps. A kilogram of carrot can be al low as 70 pence. Celery stalks are at 99 pence each. Oranges are also quite cheap. £3.00 worth of fruits and vege can last a whole week.

So far, these are the mixes that I’ve tried.

1) Carrot + evaporated milk
2) Carrot + Grapefruit
3) Orange + Celery
4) Orange + Carrot + Celery + Apple
5) Orange + Carrot + Celery + Strawberry + Green grapes

Here’s what I want to try later.

1) Apple + Peach + lemonade
2) Carrot + Tomato + lemon + honey
3) Strawberry + Mango
4) Apple + Black Grapes

And, this morning, I tried oat porridge. Not too bad

Comments

nao said…
waaaa, sungguh jeles!!!!! :)

setiap pagi minum carrot "o" suam yg berharga rm2!

thari minum apple+asam boi rm3!
tak ke chekik darah namanya. he he he

nak carrot dan apple sekilo!!! *wink*
Anonymous said…
Huhuh.. tu la. memang berbaloi kalau buat sendiri. Boleh guna kreativiti utk mix & match the ingredients.