A fulfilling conclusion


Before returning to Loughborough, I spend another day in London. The main plan was to go to Regent’s Park, specifically Queen Mary’s Garden, to photograph the roses. Back in April, the flower buds were just starting to appear. So, I had hoped that the flowers would be in full bloom this time around. And they did not disappoint. There were riots of colours. And, as an additional pleasure, their smell wafted lazily, accompanying the shift from a lazy morning to a bright and hot noon.

So, I got more than I bargained for. And then some.

After the garden visit, I went to Malaysia Hall for solat and lunch. The food was good enough to displace the gas in my gastric cavity. Then, the green field of St James Park beckoned me to take a stroll. I acquiesced. Alas, my stroll was brief. The post-lunch dip in energy made sitting on the ground a more logical option. Around me, people were also sitting or lying down, enjoying the sun. I succumbed to the temptation to do a bit of sun bathing, trying to add a deeper shade of brown to my skin. After a while, the clouds went away. The sun was felt in a stronger dose. It felt like I was baking. So, I call it a day. Then I made my way to Oxford St. Not for shopping, even though ‘sales’ were plastered on many shops, but for feeling being in London again.

My stroll brought me to Foyle, a big book store near Tottenham Court Rd tube station. I can just lost myself in a bookshop. Engulfed in the enormity of the shop, I found calm and relaxation. The stress from the conference melted each time I touch a book. Fearing that I might overstay and miss the train, I started making my way to St Pancras station before 5pm. Not far from the bookshop, I again was mesmerised, and found calm and relaxation.

This time, it was at Soho Square. Apparently, there is a campaign going on at the moment. Pianos were put in different venues across London, and I was lucky enough to stumble upon one. People were free to play the piano. A number of people voluntarily shared their passion for piano. One particular player connected me to his music. The manner in which he played showed that he was indeed sharing his passion for music, not showing off his skill. While enjoying his repertoire, I silently wished he would play Seribu Tahun or Un Giorno Por Noi. Well, somebody else had the same idea for the latter song. He played it! That really made my day.
Now, sitting on the train, on the way back to Loughborough, I feel that my trip to London this time has been fulfilling on many different dimensions. I’m happy with the week spent in London. Tomorrow will be the start of another week. Lots of other thing are waiting to unfold. Till then.

Comments