Ethics: Approved

Alhamdulillah. Yesterday's meeting went better than expected. My ethics application has been conditionally approved. I just need to show an honorary contract with the NHS and a few minor amendments to the research protocol. 

The wait for being called into the meeting was longer than before. Scheduled to start at 7pm, the 'hearing' dragged on till close to 8pm. Fortunately, there were only few responses from the committee regarding my application. I did not have to answer any queries like before. I simply had to sit there, maintain my composure (a.k.a. maintain hensem), and nod vigorously to whatever recommendations the committee made.

Going out from the meeting room, I'm awashed with a sense of relief. I started to notice that I'm hungry. Patrick suggested that we go for a drink. We ended up at having fish and chips in Sutton. 

Alhamdulillah. I can steam ahead with my data collection. 

Comments

Unknown said…
Alhamdulillah!
Ash said…
congrats, bro! steam ahead. :-)
Thank you to both of you.