You Asked For It

Every occupation has its hazard. University lecturers are not exempted. Here's an example of such hazard.

The chatter's real name has been changed to 'girl'
===========

girl: assalamualaikum
pakalang: waalaikum salam
pakalang: may I know who this is?
girl: am [*****].... sori disturbing u.. how's life there?
pakalang: life is ok
pakalang: what's your name?
girl: am [*****], i took [*****] be4, but, after u left, am convert to [*****]... coz psyc sweet lecturer go to uk..
pakalang: owh....
pakalang: [*****]
pakalang: the name sounds familiar... but the face is harder to come by
girl: u may not notice me... i know who am i...
pakalang: so many students
pakalang: difficult to remember all
pakalang: especially those who is comfortable being a 'nobody' in class
girl: amek saye sebijik... tekene plak...
[*****]
girl: cant speak anything when 've a gudlooking lecturer infront
BUZZ!!!

pakalang: there's a lot of students who are able to see the lecture instead of the lecturer
girl: hahahaha.... yeah... until they had a daydreaming... pretend to hear for the lecture bcoz of the physically attractive lecturer
pakalang: thank you for your complement
pakalang: But I'd rather students find me intellectually attractive, rather than physically attractive
girl: ofcourse i find something intellectually attractive untill it touch my heart
girl: [ kiss smiley]
BUZZ!!!

pakalang: thanks but no thanks
girl: giveup?
pakalang: I don't like to encourage flirtatious behavior among my student
girl: owh.. if am not ur student/
girl: ?
girl: u gonna encourage me?
pakalang: not really
girl: is it a sin to be in love wif u?
pakalang: women who are too forward are a big turn off for me
girl: juz a judgement... may not right...
pakalang: when it comes to personal issue, it is my judgement
pakalang: it is my judgement to make
pakalang: 'taste' tak boleh paksa , kan?
girl: yea..am not too young to understand... maybe my love experience is wiser than u
pakalang: i hope so..
girl: yeah, even worse than u
pakalang: wiser? worse?
pakalang: how do yo mean?
girl: both
girl: u might understand it
girl: if..........
pakalang: if what?
girl: if u open ur heart to understand what secret are
pakalang: generally, I try to keep my nose out of people's business
pakalang: I'd encourage people to talk about their secret if it will help them in one way or another
pakalang: but, as a general rule, I don't like to listen to secrets for the sake of keeping a secret
girl: a strong man stand for himself, a stronger man stand for himself n others
girl: its ok
girl: am pretend to be ok

pakalang: denial?
girl: yup
girl: dont like ur way
girl: [broken heart smiley]
pakalang: that's part of the 'no encouragement' policy
girl: no encouragement for what?
pakalang: I don't like to encourage flirtatious behavior among my student
pakalang: mu pehe dok apa maksuk 'flirtatious' tu?
girl: flirtatious behavior dont need any encouragement or what.... it came by passion
pakalang: yes, I know that
pakalang: that's why I don't want to encourage it
pakalang: that kind of behaviour/passion is like a small fire
pakalang: i don't want to make it bigger.....
girl: yea... maybe it bigger than u tought.. maybe.... maybe urs bigger than me
pakalang: well, in that case, I'd like to CLEARLY say that I DO NOT have any feelings towards you
pakalang: and let me repeat: I DO NOT have any feelings towards you
girl: yea.. do not need to repeat.. r u in menstrual period?
girl: be cool
girl: calm down
girl: i touht ur are better in controlling ur emotion
girl: guys are same
girl: even u

pakalang: wow! what an interesting over-generalisation
pakalang: and very original too
girl: n.... i tought u know how to be sweet than now
girl: guy... guy... guy....
girl: different from my expectation

pakalang: well, good luck with finding a good guy then
girl: no gudguy right?
pakalang: well... you've said it yourself - guys are the same
girl: yea, every guy that i met, say not all guy are the same, but later, they will say by their own, every guy still the same... n if u will stay beside me... i think u will do d' same thing like 'em
pakalang: i totally agree with you
pakalang: i can't think of any refutation to your well-made point
girl: thats it
pakalang: thank you for showing me how to be cool and calm, and controlling your emotions
girl: there's no tru love right... even from our good fren...
guy... guy.. guy...
act, i juz wanna to know who u r... not really wanna flirtg wif u.. hope u dont get wrong, am not crazy to flirt wif my own lecture
sorry sir
u make my bad expectation trough guy higher
salam
wish u gudluck
pakalang: and goodluck to you too
girl: sorry.... its not a time for u to wish

=========================

When I have more time, I'd like to write a running commentary on the exchanges above. The juice of sarcasm is flowing freely at the moment. Hope it will return when I have the time to write.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am torn between feeling very sorry for you and the phrase 'WTF?!!' going thru my head........gomene..... -Q-
nao said…
Senyum Kambing....
Anonymous said…
Q: gomene? what does that mean?

Nao: kambing boer atau kambing biri2? :-)
Anonymous said…
gomene = gomenasai = sorry
ya know.....maybe you should start a fanlisting or a fansite and see if these fans of yours would actually sign up kan??? -Q-
Anonymous said…
*shocked* sorry that you had to go through that, sir. what ever happened to respect. she better not be from my batch, that's just disgusting.
Anonymous said…
Well...when it come about expressing oneself, especially your feeling..there's nothing to be disgusted about...at least she got the courage to ask and find out the truth!
Anonymous said…
Q: I'd rather not. Enough headache already.

anonymus: Some people think it is a compliment when they praise someone's physical attractiveness. Apparently, the point is missed by 'girl'. Expelliarmus!!!

telipuk: to be fair to 'anonymus', she has some relevant first-hand information from me. hence her 'disgust'.
Anonymous said…
amazing what young girls are capable of doing nowadays.