Berkursus lagi la nampaknya

With the new round of sodomy allegation against Anwar Ibrahim, I sense an ominous gloom looming over the horizon. This gloominess, as I reflected back, was the motivation behind my two previous postings (Baca Ya-Sin and Seeing Similarities). Now that the gloom is becoming clearer, I can put it down in words. Mark my words: there will be another BTN course (or a 'boot camp' as one Judge said) for me during my PhD years!!!

God knows how the BTN people - after Anwar's unceremonious removal from UMNO and the government - like to tell stories about Anwar's sexuality. The stories would be told with an air of secrecy, a hush-hush tone. But we know how loud the intended consequences are. Almost invariably, the story would be something not out in the open; not reported in the media. The story tellers would reveal interesting bits and snippets that only close acquantainces would know; like someone from the same village, used to working in the same organisation, or even perhaps have attended the same kenduri for all I cared. For me, this amounts to proving an arguement by appealing to authority: the authorities being these BTN facilitators.

Well, that kind of argument does not do much for my intellect. The argument (of Anwar's sins) appealed to the senses - well, the stories are meant to be as sensational as possible, innit? - but does not appeal to the intellect. Consuming these BTN stories has as much pleasure as reading Raja Petra Kamaruddin's Chronicle's of Khairy Jamaluddin. It is fun. But it is very difficult to disentangle the tightly woven fact and fiction. It would make a good political-thriller novel, no doubt, may be even a silver-screen block-buster.

In this sequel, there's a marked improvements to the casting department. Instead of tired, middle aged, libido-dampening appearance of previous 'victims' of sodomy, we now have a fresh young face. The fact that young man looks 'appetizing' (any tantalizing pic of this boy's backside?), would certainly makes the sequel more believable, no? I mean, how many women and men can resist that smashing good look. Even if your back is bad, having been operated upon, you'd still be rising up to the challenge of conquering the valleys of youth, right?

I think there might be some budgeting works already being prepared over in Putra Jaya to conduct BTN courses in the UK. I wonder who would be the next story teller. Would a scientist be able to tell the story better, and more believable? Show us the facts man!!! And, if there are some free time available, I'd like to ask the BTN facilitators another interesting block-buster movie: maybe they have in their possession the director's cut for "I Know What You Did in Mongolia".

Comments