Physical

Physical challenge is the theme for me these past few days. On Saturday, I got bruises in paintball combat. Till now, my tigh is stilll sore from sliding a-la Rambo to duck behind a barrier and avoid being shot.

On the way back home, I walked past by a rugby game with Loughborough team playing host. I don't really understand rugby's rule. There wasn't much that I can understand and remember from that game. But I do remember one player laying on the ground. The team's official called for the ambulance, and the man in the ambulance came to the field with an oxygen tank. While waiting for the oxygen to arrive, she gave a mouth-to-mouth resuscitation to the player. After getting the oxygen, he stirred, and soon was helped to walk out of the field. Alhamdulillah, fainting on a field was not my physical challenge.

Later that day, signs of an immenent cold loomed. On Monday, my body was weak. I was burning up. I fell asleep at my desk in the evening. When I went home, another physical challenge awaited me.

Trying to get bits of food unstuck from my teeth, i felt a big chunk fell on my tounge. I thought, what the heck! Could it be a piece of nut? When I extractred the chunk from my mouth, I was stunned. It is a dental filling. My tounge quickly went to an auto mode; probing the reopened hole in my tooth.

Today, I went to the dental practice on campus. I booked an appointment with Dr Ida. Yes, she's Malaysian. I hope I can get the hole refilled on Thursday. It will also be the day that I have to part with £43.60. Imagine, paying around RM300 for a visit! When I got my tooth filled the first time (at UIA), it cost me RM0.00. Wow! Negara kebajikan ke?:-)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ok,now I am officially envious of you!You got to play paintball AND watch a rugby match?!!!!!Hey,don't they pay for your hospital visits or whatever there in the UK????
Still.......you had a paintball match AND got to watch a rugby game!!!!!

-Q
Anonymous said…
No need to be jealous. Come on.. it's not like I watched the All Black team. Its just a university teams meet. But I did enjoy the paintball - my first time playing it.