Discovery

Today i made a delightful dicovery. I found on online presence of Ustaz Hasrizal whom I knew back in 2000. I used to attend usrah/tazkirah that he led in London. I was attracted with his thinking and the way he conveyed his messages. You can see what i mean by reading his articles at saifulislam.com

One particular article, Sepinggan Dosa Berulam Pahala, is directly related to my experience. I can totally relate to his reactions to the female student who wrote to him. Basically, the sister is trying to get his opinion regarding her pre-marital love life.

"Semakin ramai siswa dan siswi cuba menjustifikasikan bahawa cinta mereka adalah suci kerana mereka ber’sms’ hal-hal iman dan amal, sedangkan yang terangsang bukanlah keinginan untuk beribadah, tetapi gelodak nafsu yang licik menipu."

How true. In my own experience, I was 'proposed' to marry a student because, apparently, she got the sign from Allah. Even an ustaz agreed with her. He asked me to make solat istikharah to further confirm her 'vision' in her dream. The ustaz also mentioned that her intention to marry me is not based on her desire, but based on a religious duty. She wants to be a solehah wife and to help me ('doing' counseling?) be a better muslim. I wish I can believe all that.

The sceptic in me, however, believed in something else. I would not be totally surprised if she falls into the group of students that Ustaz Hasrizal described in the article. I wish I have his eloquence to respond to this female student. Ayat power!!!

Comments

nao said…
:) what the *&^%%^&* (mmg ayat power!!)
Anonymous said…
power dan tajam menusuk ....
Anonymous said…
omigod..u actually say day? aww..hahah.. sir, dats harsh ;p
Anonymous said…
omigod.u actually say dat? aww..hhaha..sir,dats harsh ;p
Anonymous said…
or maybe she was true. who knows, right??
Anonymous said…
To clarify, the ayat power in quotation marks belongs to Ustaz Hasrizal.