First Year Report

I'm still high on strong votes of confidence from my two supervisors. Today I created a basic skeleton for my first year report. It gives me a clearer picture of what to aspire for for the coming few months.

When I report this kind of achievements, I'm not being conceited and showing off. Far from that. I want to express my happiness and satisfaction. I want you, Marwan, to know what I'm doing. Another good reason for recording these milestones is to be an evidence when it comes my turn to supervise a PhD candidate.

My attachment with Zhulian had taught me a lot. One of the lesson that stick in my mind is, 'if you want to guide other people to be excellent, you yourself must be excellent'. In other words, you'll be a great Zhulian leader and guide your downlines to be excellent if you have an excellent track record yourself. The promotion from a mere distributor to Sales Executive (SE)can take time. If you can do it in one month, then you can convince your prospects and downline that they can do the same. Some distributors ascended the ranks in amazingly short period of time. One guy, based at PJU if I'm not mistaken, became a Diamond Sales Manager in 6 months. That means he was able to 'create' 6 SE in less than 6 months. Amazing.

Now, apply it to the world of academia. If I can finish my PhD in 3 years, then I have (1) a bragging rights, and (2) a reasonable excuse to push my supervisee to achieve the same. Malaysia can always have more people with PhD.

Comments

Anonymous said…
yup2,agree wit dat statement u made.there`ll be more mlsians wit phd in d future.. sy pn nk amek phd la..
Anonymous said…
Sila.. sila... sangat2 digalakkan utk amik PhD. Jangan segan silu utk kumpul maklumat pasal peluang buat PhD. Nak buat PhD secara percuma pun boleh sekarang ni; tak perlu tunggu scholarship kerajaan.
Anonymous said…
owh bestnye..dlu sy wat alevel memain sket, tu yg xfly..sbb math..aaa..then msk uia wat degree la ne, dpt scholarship..ingt nk wat master pn nk apply scholarship gak...n challenging sgt phd.. but yah, jom take d challenge :)
Anonymous said…
Spesifikasi pertama nak buat PhD, penggunaan bahasa mesti lah betul ...
Anonymous said…
Ermmm.... in my case, a good command of the language is a pre-requisite. However, I didn't need a 100% error free usage of the language to enter a top U in the UK. Do not let language be a barrier or an excuse to not proceed. Having said that, the requirements for PhD and blogging are entirely different :-) What's important is the ability to communicate one's message across.
Anonymous said…
Well said,lad!
-Q
Anonymous said…
Good luck in PhD,
harap memotivasikan orang lain untuk mulakan phd dan siapkan phd.
orang cakap "PhD is a learning Process", and bukan sahaja melibatkan knowledge but kemahiran juga perlu. Maaf penggunaan bahasa saya tidak beberapa betul.
Anonymous said…
Reading... no worry. There's no supervisor or external examiner who'd evaluate anyone's writings here :-)