Weekend in Birmingham

Instead of wallowing in negative feelings, I chose to be happy. I decided to be happy in Birmingham. Alhamdulillah, Zul was free at that time, and was willing to take me onboard. I drove to Birm on Friday evening.

I arrived in Birm after 4pm. I went to the Bullring to find something for the Zul's friend's newborn baby. I found a Jasper Conran jumper suit on sale. On the way to Zul's flat, I was stuck in a traffic jam. The journey that was supposed to take 5 minutes took more than 20 minutes. However, I managed to make it on time for the trip to Worcester.

In Worcester, Sam treated us to dinner before we get to see his little princess. The battered prawn was excellent. It was a good thing that I've started eating prawn again. So far, there's no negative effects from the prawns. Later, we met Marissa Zahra who was sleeping soundly.

There's nothing quite a stress-buster as looking at a baby's face. You just can melt into their face. So peaceful. So innocent.

On the way back, Ivan, Zul's flatmate, suggested live singing in lieu of the songs on CD. I've been itching to 'punish' my vocal cords, so I was not hesitant to belt out a few Malay songs. In turn, we were treated to some Slovakian folk songs. Ivan's voice is great. I wish he would sing a song in full.

The next day, we went to Bicester Village Designer Outlet. I was surprised to see Dunhil, JImmy Choo and FCUK in the Village. I've never seen them in other Designer Outlet that I've been to. And the Village itself was very nice. Alas, the items on 'sale' were not within my budget. The closest that I came to buying was a Fcuk belt, on sale for GBP13. So, I left the village without buying a single thing.

On the way back, we stopped at Warwick. We visited an old house, and I got to try on a soldier's jacket. Then we went around Warwick Castle. During sumer time, insyaAllah I will visit this castle again.
















On Sunday, the activity was markedly different. Zul wanted to check out Clent Hill that was suggested to him by his gym instructor. I was wearing my Bata work shoes. But it did not deter me from joining him hiking up the hill. It was very nice. The weather was just nice for hiking. Sometimes we were chatting away. Sometimes we went quiet, enjoying the silence. All in all, it summed up to me being content. And that's what's important.













Comments