Ice, Baby

Yesterday evening I went to a Deepa Raya open house hosted by MiTV at Manhattan Ballroom, Berjaya Times Square (thanks A and A (nak nama sebenar ke?) for the invitation). It was the first time I set my foot there. For this posting, I do not with to comment on the opulence of the venue. No, sir. I mean, Ritz Carlton, a close neighbour, is much more luxurious. But I was nonetheless impressed. The washroom is spacious, clean and stately. The paintings adorning the walls beckoned me to inspect them closely. Overall, the atmosphere transpotted me briefly to a make believe US city, which is hard to resist, with names like Bronx, Manhattan, Big Apple, and Seventh Avenue surrounding you. Yeah! This posting is really not about the venue.

It is really about my choice of drinks there. (Dissappointed?) There were both cold and hot drinks. I chose the hot one, a teh tarik. The reason being I want to abstain from anything with ice. Ice is not good for me for several reasons: sinusitis, cold, back pain, and several others. I was about to find out just what 'several others' might include.

After the open house, I went back to campus for badminton with J and L, (not actual initials) and my brother. I have taken hiatus from badminton for more than two months. And I was really thirsty after 1 1/2 hours of play. When my brother and I got home, he fixed a cold drink. And guess what yours truly chose to drink! Yup, three doses of that cool, refreshing drink. I thougt, the heck with it. Just drink it. Que sera sera. Little did I know the drink could be implicated to a physical condition previously grouped under 'several others'.

This morning, I woke up with a heavy sensation on my right eye. The eye ball itself felt heavy. I instantly know that it must be red. And true enough, when I look at myself in the mirror (ugghhhh.. I think I need a haircut), I saw my right eye was indeed red. In fact, redder than usual. So, my friends, it seems that your truly will have to strike ice of off my permissible-to-eat list. No more ice for me, baby.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hope you are feeling much better now. And thank you sir for the kind words on The Ritz-Carlton. If I was still there, I would have certainly granted you a complimentary butler stay.
Feeling better today. I was really impressed with Ritz-Carlton. If I say something nice about *****, will I get anything complementary? :-)
Anonymous said…
ahaha! yang itu susah sikit la babe... komisen dapat convince 10 org beli pun baru lepas deposit jer.. kih kih