High School Musical 2

My friend's 3 year old daughter would scream when she sees Zac Enfron on tv. How cute. And, recently, I perhaps understood her interest. Not that I find Zac interesting... but his character in the High School Musical is.

I watched HSM part 1 & 2 at a friends' house recently. Their daughter, much older than the 3 years old fan, was clearly a big fan of the movies. She remember the songs and the lines from the movies. Perhaps she did not identify as much with the female characters in the movies in terms of their adoration for Zac. I find the adoration very much intriguing.

In HSM2, Zac worked at a resort; owned by his schoolmate's father. She, being the rich and powerful girl, try to have Zac for herself. It was very clear that Zac's heart belong to someone else, as can be seen in HSM1. But, she was persistant. And she's using her resources to get her man. In other words, she's manipulative.

For example, she asked Zac to teach her at the driving range eventhough she can swing with the best of the golf club members. The teaching session, of course, included touchings. She also put Zac on the spot to force him to sing with her in a talent competition at the resort. Zac stands to get a college scholarship if he go along with her 'suggestions'.

Now, what does this has to do with me?

No, I'm not suggesting that I'm as physically attractive as Zac. And, no, I don't have a rich girl clinging to my arm. And I certainly can't sing half as good as Zac.

If Zac is sitting in front of me, I can tell him how I sort of understand his feelings in relation to this girl. He feels trapped; in between being nice and being a heartbreaker. To add to the complication, he's nice because of two reasons: 1) he is a genuinely a nice person, 2) he don't want to offend people who are nice, albeit manipulative, to him. He can't pretend to have feelings beyond 'nice' for this girl. But, his niceness might backfire if the girl accuse him of leading him on. Can he be blamed if the girl think he's in love with her?

Well, if the point that I'm trying to make is not clear yet, its ok. I have deliberately digress the way many journalists do. Their first paragraph usually has little to do with the actual content of their piece. It makes me wonder if I'm becoming more British now in terms of my writing. I'm digressing again.

Before I repeat the offence, let me point the point that I want to make: I DON'T want to get married any time soon!!!!!!! Nor do i want to start any romantic relationship with anyone. I just want to be nice. That's enough.

Comments

Anonymous said…
this would sound totally freaky but I did enjoy HSM 1,the music was fun coz I think musicals about high school that rawked was Grease while others were all serious like Phantom Of The Opera and stuff......PGL was AWESOME......but HSM 2 was kinda a bit on the trying too hard side la kot.....well,at least to me it seemed that way ;)....ooh!try watching Hairspray!That ones good too!!
-Q-
Anonymous said…
ermm......nothing to say about the Efron part of u though....don't know you that well ;) sumimasen!
-Q-
Anonymous said…
HSM2 is a way for Disney to make more money! :-)