Dentist

The appointment with Dr Ida today was the third. She filled up two holes, cleaned, and polished my teeth. Before she started with those work, she jabbed my upper gum.

It was a small prick, but worse compared to the small pricks that I had during the second appointment. The jab was felt in the nose. It was as if something is pulling at the membrane of my inner nose. The pain stimulated my tear gland.

When I was lying on the dentist's chair (or, is it the client's chair?), I notice how tense I was. It required a conscious effort to relax the major muscle groups.

Another thing that struck me was how 'attractive' I must've looked when the dentist pried open my mouth. I wonder whether any dentist would find their patients/clients attractive after having looked closely at their oral orifice.

And it was a laborious task to keep the jaw unhinged for 10 minutes or so. The jab. The poking with various tools. The shrill of the drill. The greedy suction sound. Good thing it last all but 1/2 an hour. It gives me a renewed admiration for women: those who go through labour. If a medical procedure localised at my mouth was scary enough, I can't imagine a more severe procedure being performed anywhere near my family jewel's area. Once was more than enough.

At this moment, my upper lip and part of my nose are still numb. My lip felt twice its size. And, as usual, my tounge is snaking around in an auto-mode. I'm waiting for the numbness to wear out to feel my newly cleaned teeth.

Never the less, I probably will have dream my teeth crumble, yet again.

Comments

nao said…
he he he, lama dah tak g jumpa dentist...errmmm
nak pergi lah minggu nie!!!
Anonymous said…
:-D Pergi... jangan tak pergi. jangan tunggu sakit gigi cam ambo nih...