Something Beautiful


SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL DIES

You can easily
erase a mark on paper
but when the mark is gone
the paper is no longer smooth
as before

the same with a heart
- perhaps heedless words -
though you apologize
something beautiful dies



I read the poem above in secondary school. I can’t remember it verbatim, so the above is actually my reconstruction of it. And the reason for me reconstructing it is to sort of explain the statement of “I have been burned”. (You know who you are: this is my addition to our conversation last week. )

Comments

Anonymous said…
~the same with a heart, perhaps heedless words,though you APOLOGIZE,something beautiful DIES~
:it dies only n when only it comes from a pure and sincere soul:
:dont eva trade this beautiful heart for something that are worthless, once it's gone it will never be the same...never ever: