Reconnection

To have a mania episode in the morning is rare nowadays. And on the day that I felt physically weak, the manic-inducing event is greatly appreciated.

On the previous day, I shoot an email, not fully knowing the receiver is the correct person. I don't even know he's in alam dun-ya or barzakh. So, the next morning, I wasn't expecting much when I opened my email account. But, alhamdulillah, he replied. And it really was HIM.
It has been, like, 15 years since we last met. Well... we met only that one time. But we have kept in contact up to undergrad times. However, since graduation, we didn't keep up with writing to each other. Unbeknownst to me, he also tried to contact me when I was in Sabah. As he put it, 'lady luck' wasn't on our side that time.

Alhamdulillah, I managed to reconnect with a long lost friend. I pray that his return into my life is a blessing. He did cheered me up with his jovial email. I'm a bit nervous though. At the time of writing this post, I haven't phoned him.

He's special in a way. He had showed positive unconditional regard once. So, may be I'm 'craving' that acceptance once again, in times when I'm facing a big acceptance/rejection possibilities. All in all, it's good to be reconnected.

Comments