Chocolate and Milk

When you discover you can't take some food that you enjoy when you were younger, you'd start to feel older. For me, its chocolate. Yes. I'm afraid to make this discovery, but two events in the past weeks may lead to the conclusion that I no longer can enjoy chocolate. And that I feeling older.

When I met a friend, and a friend of hers, for a drink, I ordered hot chocolate for wanting something hot. Of course, coffee is a no-no for me. (Except for kampung type of coffee where coffee bean constitute less than 50% of the soffee mix) So, there I was, drinking hot chocolate and having conversation. After a while, I grew quiet. I attributed it to my running out of things to say. I just listened to my two friends.

Then, the friend of my friend left. (Ok, his name is Zul). After he left, I realized that I had a throbbing pain eminating from the back of my head. Usually, with coffee or Coke, the pain would start from both sides of my temple. I categorically denied that chocolate has something to do with my headache. Afterall, chocolate is supposed to be healthy, right? How can I get a buzz by drinking hot chocolate?

Alas, I gave up when the pain continued. It spread to the whole part of my head. It was an even worse form of pain compared to coffee-based pain.

And yesterday, my hypothesis about chocolate gained more support. I ate a few bits of chocolates at the office. When I left, the headache came again. I don't think I need further test. I will reduce chocolate intake from now on. I accept the fact that Imy body is growing old.

No, don't get me wrong. I don't despair over deleting chocolate from my can-eat list. I still have a long list even though I have deleted prawn, squid, crab, terubuk, mutton, and so on. Believe me, my menu is still sizeable. Hey, what if I can't have hot chocolate; I can have just the milk, right? It's on half of hot chocolate, right?.

Comments

nao said…
errrmmm.....hilang satu nimat rasa! coklat best wooo...:D
tak best pantang2 nie...
mana leh makan makan...:D
tapi kalau dah memudaratkan better lah stop...:D
snurhaidakhalil said…
Hi Harris,

I might have come across somewhere
that what is triggering your headache i.e. chocolate, coffee is the caffeine contents...


As we get older, the body reaction changed on certain food and our body susceptibility to certain food changed too. Say when you were younger eating chocolate isn't a problem at all, but now it is not acceptable by your system.

hey, hoped that explained.