Book Launch Syed Arabi Idid

The title for this post is taken verbatim from the backdrop on stage at the Grand Ballroom of the Hotel Bangi-Putrajaya. The event is co-organised by IIUM and UKM. The book in question is Transformasi Pemikiran Komunikasi. The event was also meant to be a surprise birthday party for Prof Syed Arabi.

There are tributes by students and colleagues for him in the form of speeches, video presentation and even a Poco Poco dance. At 70, Prof have had produced a lot of work to receive the tributes given to him. For me, the impact that he has is not counted in term of quantity of publications and research grants. The speeches made it clear that he had improved people's lives; and that mattered a lot.

I wonder how would I leave a positive impact on the lives of other people. I aim to produce at least 500 publications before hitting 50. Bringing improvents in healthcare delivery is a way to leave lasting impacts on my fellow citizen. I want to achieve these not because I want a similar tribute to the one given by Prof. I want to do it because I believe in it.

Impian fantastik, usaha realistik.

Comments